T: 01472 693155E: [email protected]
Terms and Conditions for The Burlington Hotel Thank you for choosing to book with the Burlington Hotel. We look forward to welcoming you. When you make this booking you are entering an agreement with us. Please read our terms and conditions of booking below.
Prices: The price includes accommodation plus any board indicated. Unless clearly stated all extras such as alcoholic drinks etc are additional. We accept the following forms of payment: credit card, debit card, and cash. Full payment must be made upon check-in unless otherwise arranged. Please note that we reserve the right to pre-authorise your card when possible in accordance with our cancellation policy, and so that we can ascertain the validity of a card. The hold of any pre-authorised monies is released upon your fulfillment of our terms after your stay.
Pets: Pets are not permitted.
Cancellation and Insurance: Once you have booked your stay, our agreement is a legal contract and any deposit you may have paid is non-refundable. If you need to cancel please contact us immediately. For cancellations made up to 48 hours before your booking date you will not be liable for the total balance. For cancellations made after this time or by failing to take up the booking without cancelling you will be liable for the total amount. For this reason you may wish to take out cancellation insurance, which is inexpensive and can be obtained from any good broker.
Conditions of Stay: We have some standard rules that are designed to ensure that we comply with regulations relating to matters such as fire, health and safety and to enhance the comfort and wellbeing of our guests. If you would like to check our conditions of safety please contact us.
We reserve the right to terminate your booking immediately without being liable for any refund or compensation where you engage in unacceptable behaviour that causes a disturbance or nuisance to other guests. We also reserve the right to make an additional charge to you of up to £100 to cover any extra cleaning costs incurred by yourself (i.e deep cleaning of carpets etc) or
Non-availability: We would only cancel your booking if your accommodation was unavailable for reasons beyond our control. We would attempt to offer you alternative accommodation, however if this was not possible, or unacceptable to you, then we would refund all monies paid by you. Our liability would not extend beyond this refund.
Arrival: Your accommodation is available to you from 2pm on the day of arrival, unless otherwise arranged. Please let us know if you plan to arrive after 9pm.
Departure: Please be ready to leave your accommodation by 11am on the day of departure, unless otherwise arranged. You are liable to pay any cost incurred to us by a failure to check out by this time, if not previously arranged. Costs incurred can include the price of the same room and/or an upgrade if we have to move another guest due to your room not being ready. Lost keys and fobs will be charged or invoiced up to £50.00 to cover replacement of any call out charges, door locks and key cutting as required.
Damages and Breakages: Please take care with our accommodation. You are responsible and liable for any breakages or damages which you cause to the accommodation or its contents. Please report these as soon as they occur. We do not normally charge for minor breakages, but we may send you an invoice for repair or making good if the damage or breakage is significant, and we may make an additional charge of £50 if you did not report this. We also reserve the right to make charges to cover the cost of any additional work incurred as a result of your actions
Liability: We do not accept any liability for any damage, loss or injury to any member of your party or any vehicles or possessions, unless proven to be caused by a negligent act by ourselves or our employees or contractors whilst acting in the course of employment.
Data: Any data gathered during the course of this booking may be held on computer.
Wifi: 1. Internet Services 1.1 The Burlington Hotel (“we” / “our” / “us”) provides you with access to the internet comprising of a wireless service in all areas of the hotel. By accessing the service using either medium you are agreeing to obey the terms and conditions listed below (the “Terms”). If you do not agree to the terms, please do not access the service.
2. Fair Use: 2.1 We would like to ensure that all of our guests have an enjoyable internet experience whilst staying with us. We have therefore implemented a ‘fair use’ policy to ensure that we can continue to provide a fast and reliable service.
2.2 We may monitor the performance of our network and the use of it by our guests. If we notice that a guest is using it in excess of what is expected from reasonable normal use and where such excessive use is affecting other guests, particularly during busy times, we may restrict usage. If you do not use file sharing software or download large files from the internet then you should not be affected by our fair use policy. However, if it becomes clear that heavy downloading, peer-to-peer networking, or excessive streaming (i.e. more than simply streaming programme content from websites such as BBC iPlayer, 4 On Demand, or itv.com) is taking place then we may contact you to ask you to reduce your use to allow our other customers to share the system fairly. If you continue to do so, or if you persistently exceed normal use to the extent that it affects our network and other user’s enjoyment of the service, then we reserve the right to restrict or deny you access to the network.
3. Our Obligations to You: 3.1 We will use our reasonable endeavours to ensure that you are provided with free, uninterrupted service 24 hours a day. We will not be liable however, for any reason if the service is not available at any time for any period, nor for any loss of data or damage to the equipment you suffer as a result of using our service. We may suspend access at any time and for any reason, including routine or emergency maintenance of the servers. For this reason we strongly recommend that you regularly save any work you are doing whilst using the service.
4. Your Obligation to Us: 4.1 The service we provide is intended to be used for general purposes, including accessing the World Wide Web, email, messaging services and chat rooms. You undertake to us that you will use the services responsibly and that you will behave in a lawful, honest and proper manner when accessing the services. Without prejudice to any other provision of this agreement, we may terminate your use of the service at any time without notice if we become aware of any behaviour that has a negative effect on our equipment or network or the use by other customers of our equipment or network or the internet in general, or which damages, or has the potential to damage, our reputation.
4.2 Without prejudice to the generality of paragraph 4.1 above, you may not: use the service for any illegal purpose (including but not limited to breaching any intellectual property or computer misuse legislation and downloading or uploading any illegal material); send any unsolicited commercial email (or “spam”) or any activity relating to it; carry out any “hacking” activities such as attempting to access systems without authorization or carry out denial of service attacks.
5. Data Protection 5.1 You may be required to provide us with certain personal information. We will use such personal information in accordance with relevant data protection legislation. You warrant and undertake to us that all of the personal information you provide us with is complete and accurate. We will not disclose any personal information which is provided by you during the provision of such services to you to any third party without your permission, other than
(a) To any subcontractors or agents engaged by us to provide any support or administration, facilities management or similar services (subject to the subcontractors and /or agents undertaking to keep such personal information confidential (b) To any company or organisation to which we transfer our responsibilities to provide these services and products to you or (c) Where required by law or made in connection with legal or regulatory proceedings
5.2 We may log traffic data to assist us with the implementation of our terms and conditions and our fair use policy, although it is our policy to respect your privacy.
6. Breach of Agreement We shall investigate any suspect breach of the agreement by you, and reserve the right to take such action as we, in our sole discretion, deem appropriate, including suspension or withdrawal of the service with immediate effect and without notice to you.
7. Disclaimer 7.1 You acknowledge that use of the service is entirely at your own risk. 7.2 The service is provided on an “as-available” basis, and to the fullest extent permitted by law we hereby exclude all and any warranties or conditions of any kind, whether express or implied, in respect of the service and the content or data obtained or downloaded from it. 7.3 Without prejudice to the foregoing generality we do not warrant that the service will be uninterrupted, timely, and secure of error free at all times or will meet your requirements; and we are not responsible for security, integrity, accuracy, suitability or completeness of any information that you transmit or receive while using the service. 7.4 The disclaimer within this paragraph 7 does not affect your statutory rights as a consumer.
8. Liability 8.1 Nothing in this agreement serves to exclude or limit our liability for death or personal injury cause by our negligence. 8.2 Subject to paragraph 8.1 we shall not be liable to you in contract, tort or otherwise arising in connection with this agreement for any economic losses (including, without limitation, loss of revenue, profits, contracts, business or anticipated savings), any loss of goodwill or reputation, any special, indirect or consequential losses or any destruction or loss of data. 8.3 If any part of the service is not available to you through no fault on our part or where the failure, suspension or withdrawal of the service is beyond our reasonable control, we shall not be obliged to pay any compensation to you. 8.4 You will indemnify us against all and any losses or claims arising from any breach of the agreement by you, and against any claims or legal proceedings arising from your use of the services which are brought or threatened against us by another person.
9. General 9.1 We reserve the right to amend these terms and conditions at any time. 9.2 You acknowledge and agree that all intellectual property rights (including, but not limited to, copyrights (including rights in software), trademarks, database rights, patents and inventions) in and relating to the service are owned by us and our licensors or contractors. Nothing in this agreement operates to transfer any such intellectual property rights to you. 9.3 We reserve the right to assign or sub-contract any of our rights and obligations under this agreement without notice to you. 9.4 If any provision of this agreement is found to be unenforceable by a court of competent jurisdiction, the other provisions shall nevertheless remain in full force and effect. 9.5 This agreement is governed by the laws of England and the parties hereto submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
We look forward to welcoming you to the Burlington Hotel.